Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Wonders of Technology

Thanks to the wonders of technology, you can now stalk me even while I'm at sea. I have acquired a nifty new device called a Delorme InReach, a small satellite communication device used by sailors, adventurers and fishermen to communicate with aliens (and occasionally their families).  Along with being able to send and receive texts, and having the capability to send a distress signal in an emergency, the unit can send my position to an online map. You can also request my location online, and when the unit is on it will update the map upon request. The site to find me or send a message is share.delorme.com/RyanLangley.

I'm off at 2AM to the Seatac airport, where I'll board my flight to Panama. The ocean awaits, and I couldn't be more happy to be headed to sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment