Tuesday, February 12, 2019

On the Way to Country #32!

I'm writing this post from Tapachula, Mexico, just west of the Guatemalan border, and a city that has been on the world map recently due to the "caravans" of migrants who pass through here on their way north toward the USA. It's a typical border town - most country's more charming destinations are not the communities on their borders - and I should be on my way tomorrow on a southbound bus to Guatemala City. A short stay there and I will be headed onward - to my first two new countries this year - El Salvador and Honduras!

Both are also hotspots and well known for high crime rates, but they are also home to the gorgeous rainforest, volcanoes, beaches, and of course Mayan ruins. I shall see for myself shortly just how beautiful - and dangerous - these countries are. And I'll be sure to let you know!

Here are some more pics from recent travels:













And one from 15 years back...




No comments:

Post a Comment