Saturday, January 10, 2015

Snapshots from the Apocalypse


Here's a few pictures from some of my most recent travels across the US as far east as Cleveland between early November and late December. I hitchhiked through Portland, Corvallis, and Boise (with a few stops along the way) to Salt Lake City, where I caught a rideshare with three cats, two dogs, three people and a turtle named Hudson all the way to St. Louis, Missouri. I definitely got along best with Hudson by the end of the ride. 

From Missouri I caught a greyhound to Ohio, and after visiting a friend ended up in Detroit, cleaning out houses that had been flooded out during a storm in August and spending some time in that city that has suffered so much but has so much potential. I was in Detroit through Christmas eve, when I caught a flight back to Washington. 

I'm turning back to the water on my next trip, which is coming up in early February. I will be delivering a 27 foot sailboat from Panama to Tahiti, hopefully stopping at places like the Galapagos and Easter Island along the way! More about that to come.
















1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Ryan!!! Glad to see the update, and that you're having so much fun in life! If you ever get to Virginia, I have a bed and food and a tour around the area waiting!

    Tray

    ReplyDelete